Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year, new me?


So, in just 3 days I will turn 36. I knew a mid-life crisis would be in my future but didn't know it would sneak up from behind me and attack! For the last few weeks, I have been reviewing (or overanalyzing, if I were being honest) my existance and have decided I am at a turning point. Do you ever get that way? I have attained my degree, received a master's and then moved on to National certification... I then found the best outlet for my creativity, scrapbooking, and made my nest and a wonderful family. So, what is there left to do? That is what I have been pondering these last few weeks. Why do I feel discontent? Why do I feel like I should be in action? What is next?

So, I have decided to make a New Year's list, to try to calm my overanxious mind and put forth some effort to make these things happen... I have never been one for New Year's resolutions yet I feel the need to start somewhere...

1. Write a book-for years I have had characters and ideas run through my head but have never had the courage to write them down. I blame lack of time but know now that it is really fear of failure or fear of the unfinished project syndrom that plagues my life-lol!

2. Lose the last 10 pounds to meet my Weight Watchers life time goal-we started in Jan, 2008 and I have lost 45 pounds. For the last 5 months, I have yo-yoed up and down, fooling around with 3 pounds. I will commit to getting these last 10 baby fat pounds off even though my baby will be 5 in June!

3. Expose my children to more-I want my kids to be cultured, to have life experiences that will make them well-rounded and successful individuals. In a small town (we don't even have a McDonalds-and only one stoplight) this is near impossible. So I will make it my mission to get the kids to do more... starting tomorrow-we will drive an hour to go roller-skating (one of my favorite things to do when I was a kid)

4. Visit my family more often-we just got back from visiting my family in Ohio for Christmas. We had such a wonderful time. We took the boys ice skating for the first time and went to the library (0ur library is 1/3 of the size of the Children's section in this library). We spend a lot of quality time with my sister and my parents. It was a wonderful trip and good memories for my children-thanks mom, dad & riki!
So, in making this list, I will have a focus, a goal and hopefully avert the mid-life ugh that is overtaking me!!! Good luck and God bless all of you in 2009!


Just a little Shout - out to my dad! Today is his birthday! Happy birthday-new year's baby! All of our love. Here is a picture of him with the boys=Dad-you are the gummy worm wars king!


No comments: