Monday, June 29, 2009

Do It For Charity...
Relay For Life, fundraiser for cancer research, is a big event where I live. Even though this is a very small community, we raise a lot of money for cancer research. We are constantly trying to come up with new ways to interest people in donating money for the cause. This year, for our annual RFL silent auction at church, I decided to create a mini-album as my contribution. Many people love scrapbooks, but are not scrapbookers themselves. They ask often if I would consider making scrapbooks for them. With that in mind, I designed a simple yet fun scrapbook that received a great many compliments at the auction. It doesn't matter what you make, cards, notes, scrapbooks, pages, dolls, wind chimes, etc... if you are crafty, donate those items to Relay For Life events or other charity events to raise money for a good cause. I really enjoyed this project because I knew my efforts would be appreciated and would benefit others. Do something good for someone else today and smile knowing you are adding a little joy to the world!
Paper and stickers : CTMH Magic Moments
Ribbon: Hobby Lobby
Boshers: Bazzill Basics
Flowers: Bazzill Wings
Brads & eyelets: oriental trading
































































No comments: