Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Midnight...I will pay for it in the morning!


Do you ever get roused in the middle of the night and end up not being able to go back to sleep? Well, that has always been the story of my life. So, tonight, when Josh woke up crying that his foot "hurt really, really bad" we tried rubbing it, consoling him, getting up, throwing up, crying some more then drifting back off to sleep, without really resolving the "foot problem" Yet, here I am, wide awake at midnight while all of the guys in my life are snoring peacefully. (even the dog is asleep) What a better time to post on this here blog!
Note: April at the top during our last scrap retreat! Super scrappers, we were. Lookout, fall retreat is less than a month away and this time we are going "bananas!" Can't wait to spend a weekend with my girlie friend and scrap too! You know I will post pictures! Can't wait-dreaming of patterned paper and margaritas!

Two more days until fall break! I have a new student teacher in my room and my Intern gets observed by her teacher educator tomorrow. This week started off even crazier than that: Picture this, Josh, eyes swollen, face red and burning hot. I turn his head and notice a rash of welts down the side of his neck. A little later, they move to his arms... when they started to make the trek across his belly, I declared it was time to hit the emergency room (because you know this was Sunday night!) The little booger got stung by a yellow jacket and NEVER complained! You talk about one tough cookie! We have since recovered and are trying to get over the pneumonia in his left lung-not so easy to shake. Seth has decided he is writing a book and started on it tonight-it's called "Journal of the Three Brothers"-he came up with the entire idea all by himself. He learned about global warming today, hence the topic of our bedtime discussion: "Mom, why is the world melting?" "Heating up?" I replied. "Yeah, the ice caps are melting" "Global warming," I say. "Are we going to die?" "Someday, but those are reasons for you to use your creativity to invent things that reverse global warming or the energy crisis" I say. "Ok, I want to save the world, that would be a good thing, and then I'll go to heaven for sure" "But, I want to design cars too and be a writer. Then I'll be rich AND save the world!" WOW-I think-how cool is he?
I am so blessed to be here and be so loved by so many wonderful people. Thank you for being part of my life and making me smile! (can you tell it's midnight-I get even more full of it after dark!) OOOhhh- lost another pound tonight- so great!!! have a fabulous week!

No comments: