Tuesday, April 19, 2011


As Long As It Matters...


I am a few years older, much wiser and a LOT happier than the last time I posted on this blog... a great deal of changes have taken place in our lives since we visited with each other last... most of them good, some of them difficult, but all of them for the better. As I look back on the past two years, I see a year and a half of being a single mom in a doctorate program, learning how to live on my own in a comfortable and wonderfully content way... I am amazed at how truly easy life can be when I realized that it isn't about trying to make everything perfect or right or good, but to be myself, live to laugh, to enjoy every minute I can and to make myself and others smile. I am so thankful for this new way of living. One more step in the right direction...

With that said... let me share some recent and some, not so recent, photos and events...


Let's start with recent, shall we? Surprised my bestie with Sugarland tickets for her birthday...


After 13 years of friendship, she deserves so much much more from me! We have started and nearly completed half of our doctoral work together over the last year and a half... I am so blessed by her frienship, it is a true gift, one that most people do not get the chance to experience and for that I am thankful.


Now, if you will humor me and travel back in time a little... spring break with Aunt Riki... Disney World... 2010... A trip to remember! Some of our favorite things? Soarin', Toy Story ride, Star Wars show, Mickey Mouse (of course)... so many things... so little time!


No comments: